Use Mongabay content: Creative Commons BY-NC-ND
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
We strongly encourage anyone to republish this article online and in print, as long as you follow some simple guidelines:
- You must credit the author and Mongabay as listed in the original piece, ideally in the byline, with a link back to the specific URL of the article on Mongabay’s website (e.g. ).
- This article is published under the Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) Creative Commons license. That means you cannot edit or change the material, except to reflect relative changes in time, location and basic editorial style (For example, “yesterday” can be changed to “last week,” and “London, UK.” to “London” or “here”, and “organization” to “organisation”). To request material edits contact us.
- You can print the first few sentences of the article and then say: “Read the full article on Mongabay.com” with a link back to the article page on our site.
- If you are republishing online, you must link to us, include the original links embedded in the story, and embed our view counter in your republished version. See below for embed instructions.
- It is okay to put our articles on pages with ads, but you cannot sell our material separately.
- Pay attention to photo permissions. If a photo in the original piece is credited as belonging to either Mongabay or the author of the piece you are republishing, you have permission to use the photo as is, unchanged, with the same caption/credit as used in the original piece. If an image is copyright of another photographer or illustrator and you would like to reproduce it, contact us. Some sources don’t allow their images to be republished without permission.
Read more about our Republishing Guidelines.
Instructions for embedding the view counter.
The view counter consists of a one pixel image, which is activated by using the following code in your page where the article runs:
The pixel, which is hosted by Google, will not meaningfully affect your page load.