Working Eco-vacations / Volunteering opportunities
- ARCAS-Guatemala Volunteering opportunities to save endangered species and their habitat in Guatemala
- Reptile Research Reptile research project in Ecuador.
- WWF Volunteering Opportunities The WWF Youth Volunteer Programme enables small teams of committed and outstanding young people, aged 19-25, to have 2 to 3 month volunteer experiences working with WWF field projects in Madagascar, India, Bhutan and Fiji.
- Earthwatch Earthwatch supports scientific field research by offering volunteers the opportunity to join research teams around the world.
- Travel2Learn Rainforest workshops for teachers & environmental educators.
- One World 365 Helping people to take a gap year, work, volunteer, teach, travel worldwide
- SOS Rhino Help protect the endangered Sumatran Rhino from poachers.
- World Rainforest Movement International network of citizens' groups of North and South involved in efforts to defend the world's rainforests.
- Forests.org Forest conservation news and original analysis.
- Amazon Program of the Woods Hole Research Center Woods Hole Research Center -- protecting the integrity of the global environment.
- CanopyMeg Dr. Meg Lowman, canopy expert.
- Global Timber Information on the global timber trade.
- Jungle Photos Hundreds of images of animals, plants, scenery and people from the Amazon rainforest in tropical South America, the Galapagos Islands and Africa.
- FAO Forestry Forestry Department of the FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANIZATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS.
Endangered species and Extinction
- Tree of Life Web Project A collaborative effort of biologists from around the world to provide information about the diversity of organisms on Earth, their evolutionary history (phylogeny), and characteristics.
- ARKive Images of life.
- NatureServe Providing the scientific basis for effective conservation. NatureServe and its network of natural heritage programs are the trusted source for information about rare and endangered species and threatened ecosystems.
- IUCN Red List of Threatened Species Provides taxonomic, conservation status, and distribution information on taxa that are facing a high risk of global extinction.
- Biodiversity Convention U.N. Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- Safe Shark. the Shark Safe program offers certification to qualifying restaurants and select businesses that demonstrate a measured commitment to shark conservation.
- SandShark.org. Blogs about overfishing, shark finning, and coral reefs.
- Miyakojima Project.
- The Natural Step The Natural Step in an international non-profit with the mission of guiding organizations to act according to the principles for sustainability now. The Natural Step has helped thousands of corporations and communities, educational facilities and governments develop blueprints toward sustainability.
- A Critical Decision It takes no courage to tell the people what they want to hear. It takes courage to tell the people what one believes they should hear..
Health and the Environment
- Health In Harmony Organization working to improve health in rural Indonesian communities while conserving the natural environment.
This page is no longer being updated as of April 2009
Due to the volume of requests for links to add, I no longer have the capacity to maintain this page
archives | news | XML / RSS feed | featured
XML / RSS / Syndication options
mongabay.com features more than 400 RSS feeds to meet your specific area of interest
Mongabay.com seeks to raise interest in and appreciation of wild lands and wildlife, while examining the impact of emerging trends in climate, technology, economics, and finance on conservation and development (more)
Help support mongabay.com when you buy from Amazon.com
HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTOS / PRINTS